XI INTI International Conference La Plata 2012
“INTELLIGENCE TERRITORIALE ET GLOBALISATION.
TENSIONS, TRANSICION ET TRANSFORMATION”
October 17-20 2012
Under the theme “TERRITORIAL INTELLIGENCE AND GLOBALIZATION. TENSIONS, TRANSITION, AND TRANSFORMATION”, the XIe Annual International Conference of Territorial Intelligence La Plata 2012 is an open invitation from the INTI, International Network of Territorial Intelligence, and the Latin American “Territorios Posibles” Scientific Network www.territoriosposibles.org. It is extended to various scientific communities from all continents: it is a space-time which aims for the co-construction of Territorial Intelligence knowledge and experiences within an ever more complex framework and the crisis of globalization. It´s precisely there where tensions arise and challenges emerge in regions from all the world, as unequal as the European Union, Latin America, Anglo-Saxon America, the Far East, Middle East, Africa and others. The challenge of socio-ecological transition towards a sustainable development mode might imply worldwide changes in the societies’ way of life as well as individual as global level. This transformation of the persons and territories can be done rising individual and collective intelligence by sharing from local level informations and knowledge learned through experience and science. The concrete initiatives and projects underway and scientific methods of Territorial Intelligence contribute to the understanding of this complex and multidimensional matter of INTI La Plata 2012.
In Argentina, this conference is held with the support of CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technical Research), UNLP (National University of La Plata), and the “Groupe de Recherche International” GDRI CNRS INTI. Seven research teams from France, Belgium, Spain, Italy and Argentina, more 33 associated universities and 11 territorial actors, participate in this particular scientific manifestation. Twenty-two Latin American Universities members of the Latin American “Territorios Posibles” Scientific Network www.territoriosposibles.org underwrite this event.
To put forth the six INTI GDRI’s research themes as to broaden the federal base of research teams in different regions of the world, building on existing projects currently converging toward each theme: 1- Territory, 2- Intelligence, Communication, Culture and Education, 3- Governance , 4- Observation, and two cross-cutting themes: Gender and Vulnerability
- To exchange views, experiences, and progress on the implementation of a dozen scientific methods and INTI (ENTI and TAG) scientific tools developed to solve problems with territorial intelligence.
- To contribute to the construction of a theory of Transformation with Territorial Intelligence with the vital support of various scientific disciplines and to promote socio-ecological Transition scenarios and agendas, which articulate the scientific world with our institutions and territorial communities.
The XI International Conference INTI La Plata 2012, has as background on the ten preceding ENTI International Conferences held in various European countries -France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Romania. The last of which was the first INTI International Conference in Belgium at the University of Liege in September 2011. Other antecedents are the ITIS I to VI International Territorial Intelligence Seminars organized by our TAG Team, which were held in various countries throughout Latin American -Argentina, Uruguay, and Colombia- between the years 2009 and 2011. Moreover, the symposium “Territorial Dynamics and Social Economics” Tours, March 2012, and the GDRI INTI Salerno Seminar, June 2012, have been added to our GDRI schedule, both events are expected to prove valuable in order for the INTI La Plata 2012 XI to have previous rooms for debate.
THEMES AND TOPICS
THEME 1: TERRITORY, GLOBALIZATION, AND NEW WAYS OF GOVERNING
- The concepts of “Territory”, “Governance”, “Partnership” and “Innovation” in territorial multi-scalability.
- The tension generated by globalization in the intervention of the State and territorial communities.
- New challenges for critical thinking. Environment, natural resources, and collective action. A place for proposals.
- New ways of governing. The construction of custom-made Agendas specific to a territory.
THEME 2: TERRITORIAL INTELLIGENCE, TRANSFORMATION, AND SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL TRANSITION
- Current points of view on the crisis, development and sustainability. Global social justice, global cognitive justice, global environmental justice.
- Transformation of subjects and territories. Culture, identity, communication, and education.
- Practices of democratization of the production and distribution of knowledge and technology.
THEME 3: PROJECT ANALYSIS, INITIATIVES AND PRACTICES IN TERRITORIES AND COMMUNITIES
- Analysis and interpretation of projects in micro, meso and macro-scales.
- Application of methods, techniques and tools in practical projects.
- Microscale transformations. Types of transformation and new practices.
- Action-research practices in different socio-territorial environments. Interdisciplinarity and new methodological approaches.
- Scientific and institutional-community network of networks proposals.